SHOW NOTES | Episode 003
Welcome to Cannabis Marketing Live. All Puff. No Fluff.
I’m Kendra Losee, the host of Cannabis Marketing Live, where we bring you the brightest, boldest, and badass people, ideas and technologies in the cannabis industry!
This episode is short and sweet given the holiday week! Which means, we can talk about email. I know, right? We’re talking email like it’s 2005. Only now we know more and there are many tools and options we can use for cannabis email marketing. Don’t think you can use just any email vendor, because it’s not a thing. This is cannabis, so let’s talk about what you need to know.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
→ Why email is important for your business
→ What you can do to avoid getting your email account shut down
→ Using cannabis email as part of your marketing strategy
EMAIL VENDORS FOR CANNABIS
Recommended email vendors that allow cannabis emails.
If you are selling products, you can only email within your state.
- Active Campaign (This is the option I use- NOTE THAT THEY NOW SAY THEY ONLY SUPPORT CBD, NO PRODUCTS WITH THC – 11/7/20)*
- FloDesk – New to the scene and still in beta, I recently spoke with their lead compliance person who said very clearly they allow cannabis. Needless to say, I’m checking it out and loving what I’ve seen so far. They have a flat rate of $19/month, no matter what your list size, so obviously this is a plus as well.
Constant Contact*(Based on recent feedback, it sounds like Constant Contact no longer allows cannabis or hemp-based companies to use the tool – updated 10/10/19)
- Klavyio – CBD Only
*Email platforms I’ve used and recommend.
Allows cannabis businesses to send emails, but are not recommended
- Firecart – Firecart is an email service for the last resort. This is an option if you have been blacklisted or have had issues in the past.
- Net-Results – This is only a good option if you have a list size of more than 10,000 names
These email service providers do not allow cannabis businesses to send emails.
- Campaign Monitor
- Get Response
- Marketo Spark
- Mail Chimp – MC has been shutting down cannabis and hemp-CBD sites. It is not recommended. (updated 10/10/19)
Never responded to my requests for information
Email should be an essential part of your marketing strategy. If you don’t have a content marketing strategy for your email campaigns, you’ll want to sign up and get started right away. And if you have any questions, feel free to reach out, that is exactly what we do for clients!
About the host:
Cannabis Marketing Live is hosted by Kendra Losee, CEO of Mota Marketing.
Kendra is dedicated to helping businesses grow with marketing. In addition to working with clients to determine their marketing strategies, she recently launched a course teaching social media to cannabis entrepreneurs. From social media to traditional marketing, Kendra’s 20 years of marketing experience helps her lead the way in cannabis marketing. And she couldn’t be happier about it.
You can find Kendra at:
- LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/in/klosee
- Twitter: twitter.com/klosee
- Email: [email protected]
Tools used in this broadcast: